Feeding Families. Changing Lives.
Who We Are
Shepherd's Heart is staffed with volunteers that wish to make a difference in the lives of others by ministering to the needs of the hungry and hurting, to the extent that lives will be changed and people will learn, in practical ways, the love of God.
What We Do
Each day we receive food from Food Banks, local stores, restaurants, and other food donors, that needs to be checked and processed to be prepared for our food distributions.
In 2023 we provided assistance to 65,055 families plus 30,419 children via schools and summer feeding sites, 3,763,275 lbs of food provided.
- The poverty rate in the Waco area is twice the national average.
- We are actively looking for ways to serve / feed our community.
- Last year food was provided to 32,749 families via mobile food distributions
- We served an additional 6,448 families via our Bellmead Pantry.
- 21,733 deliveries of groceries were delivered to seniors.
- 4,125 families were served via pantries at 2 Waco Family Medical clinics.
- 30,419 children received food via pantries in 5 schools.
In 2024 we plan to open more pantries in rural areas to address rural food insecurity. In addition, we will create another walk in “client choice” pantry at our present location.
How to Help
We need volunteers daily Monday through Friday to package food for the daily distributions. Please contact us via email or call 254-213-7833. Without your help, there would be serious problems with thousands of people that would not just be hungry, there could be serious health problems associated with their situation.
God has laid out for us in Psalm 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked (poverty).
Our mission is to feed, clothe, empower and advocate for families in need throughout our community, demonstrating to them the love of God.